Sunday, September 9, 2012

Political Speech Assignment 1

David Christensen
Rhetoric II--Political Speech Assignment 1
Due September 9, 2012

Please forgive me if there are any problems with the way I've uploaded this.  I've never used Blogger before.



8 comments:

  1. Good invention of arguments, David! You definitely focused on Obama's pitfalls in educational funding and the reforms Romney has made. Your arrangement was also clear, but you could have added a bit more ethos either at the beginning or end to make it more personal. Good research on facts, and overall nice speech!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice points (and nice inclusion of stats)! I personally liked how you focused on education for the first part of the speech, though if you were giving this speech to a bigger audience, it might have been harder for some people to relate to there. But aside from that little super-picky thing, awesome job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Invention: Really good! You speech had good and throught through points. But you could have made it a bit more personal.
    Arrangement: Great! it all flowed and sounded good.
    Style: You had lots of voice inflection, so that's good!
    Memory: Quite good! You sounded like you were talking to us rather that reading a speech
    Delivery: Good! you weren't too fast or slow.. And you sounded into what you were saying. :)
    Very nicely done, David!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahah well apparently I was completely wrong about the whole talking to your audience thing.. Oops. I didn't really feel the same way as Dr. C about that. But he's got a whole lot more experience than I do..

      Delete
  4. Haha, it may be that you've heard me before and it was still poor but an improvement from the last speech, Justin. :P Thanks for the comments everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like your style of delivery, personally. It didn't sound extremely scripted to me, it was great! Great invention and style!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Even Joe Biden got it right once LOL! :) great speech, you had your points down very well but you were kinda using talking points (like most republicans), you talked about your father near the end maybe you should have elaberated a bit more :) anyways good job :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay! No more monotone David! You did great with your pitch variation!! The speech felt a little rushed, so maybe you could make a few longer pauses between phrases. I really liked the part where you said "yes we can does not mean yes we should." Way to turn the slogan on Obama! XD You also had a lot of good points to make! Anyhoo, good job overall!

    ReplyDelete