Hey Meg, it might just be me but the video moves super slow, so I can't see your hand gestures or your face gestures.....:( You spoke BEAUTIFULLY slowly though, and again, you had tons of substance!! Invention = SKILLZZZZ. Arrangement - booyeah! Style - epical! Memory - pretty good, I couldn't tell too well though because I couldn't see anything....Delivery - see above. XD
great job Megan, but you don't really build yourself up, it's more of talking points. right when you said in the video that illegals hurt the economy the youtube video had an error (sign of God?) :-P anyways like I said in my speech, if they can work better than us, then they deserve to be Americans more than we do :)
Thanks, Lody! Yeah, my computer's connection is slow...
Thanks, Jeremy! Hahaha, that's funny! Okay, so you're saying and implying that: 1. Illegal immigrants who work better than Americans deserve to be American citizens, and 2. American citizens who don't work as well do not deserve their citizenships? Just because someone works well or hard does not mean that they deserve to be citizens of America... I think if people go through the legal systems the right way, then they deserve to be citizens... I do very much feel compassion for the illegal immigrants' hardships, but I think they should go through the proper legal channels, and when they don't, it creates problems. :P
maybe we should debate this somewhere else but I'll just reply to this :), First you can't become a Us resident unless you make above the US average, have a family member who is a citizen, or marry a US citizen. once you become a resident it is fairly *easy* to become a citizen. We know because we have lived with the system. I'm not saying lazy people should lose their citizenship, and I'm not saying all hardworking people in the world should become citizens. I'm saying if they truly want to be Americans and work hard and seek oppertunity then let them become citizens (didn't you watch my video and read my essay?) :) anyways I say we need to reform our immigrations laws, if we make it easier to gain residency then we wouldn't have illegals. I agree with you they should be deported, but we should first give them a chance to become citizens (if they refuse then we deport them) For example if every illegal was deported right our economy would crash far further, They make up the majority of the manuel labor force, we apparently need them (hispanics make up over 75% of the work force).
But in the End I agree with you, I'm saying we need to make it easier for them to come in, and that they do help :)
Hey Meg, it might just be me but the video moves super slow, so I can't see your hand gestures or your face gestures.....:(
ReplyDeleteYou spoke BEAUTIFULLY slowly though, and again, you had tons of substance!! Invention = SKILLZZZZ. Arrangement - booyeah! Style - epical! Memory - pretty good, I couldn't tell too well though because I couldn't see anything....Delivery - see above. XD
great job Megan, but you don't really build yourself up, it's more of talking points.
ReplyDeleteright when you said in the video that illegals hurt the economy the youtube video had an error (sign of God?) :-P
anyways like I said in my speech, if they can work better than us, then they deserve to be Americans more than we do :)
Thanks, Lody! Yeah, my computer's connection is slow...
ReplyDeleteThanks, Jeremy! Hahaha, that's funny! Okay, so you're saying and implying that: 1. Illegal immigrants who work better than Americans deserve to be American citizens, and 2. American citizens who don't work as well do not deserve their citizenships? Just because someone works well or hard does not mean that they deserve to be citizens of America... I think if people go through the legal systems the right way, then they deserve to be citizens... I do very much feel compassion for the illegal immigrants' hardships, but I think they should go through the proper legal channels, and when they don't, it creates problems. :P
I meant: that's funny that the video lost the connection at such an inopportune moment. :-D
ReplyDeletemaybe we should debate this somewhere else but I'll just reply to this :), First you can't become a Us resident unless you make above the US average, have a family member who is a citizen, or marry a US citizen. once you become a resident it is fairly *easy* to become a citizen. We know because we have lived with the system. I'm not saying lazy people should lose their citizenship, and I'm not saying all hardworking people in the world should become citizens. I'm saying if they truly want to be Americans and work hard and seek oppertunity then let them become citizens (didn't you watch my video and read my essay?) :)
ReplyDeleteanyways I say we need to reform our immigrations laws, if we make it easier to gain residency then we wouldn't have illegals.
I agree with you they should be deported, but we should first give them a chance to become citizens (if they refuse then we deport them)
For example if every illegal was deported right our economy would crash far further, They make up the majority of the manuel labor force, we apparently need them (hispanics make up over 75% of the work force).
But in the End I agree with you, I'm saying we need to make it easier for them to come in, and that they do help :)
LOL. Mr. Baker would be ashamed. You're slipping into dialectic again......on immigration no less....
ReplyDeletehahaha :) yeah, but do you get my point? :)
ReplyDeleteYep, Jeremy!
ReplyDelete